From the Rootchopper institute of writing down random thoughts from the ride, here are mine today.
- It’s cold this morning. Gald that I wore the leggings and full finger gloves.
- What was I worried about riding the crosser after weeks on the 29er? I’m comfortable & feeling fast. I’m gonna take a 30km reverse home route on the quiet roads and skip coffee. Morning coffee stops are on Fridays.
- This WSW headwind is a bugger after a summer of hiding from wind behind hedgerows off road. I hope Scott can fix it by tomorrow….
- Why is it that whenever I get within Harlow, no other cyclists wave or say “Hi!” back?
- It’s just a matter of time for that woman without a helmet in the high viz jacket, weaving all over the busy road while talking on her phone. I wonder if she’s calling the ambulance in advance?
- It doesn’t matter that the 29er has a buckled back wheel and won’t be fixed for a while. Doris is fun to ride with for a change. And she fits in the van better making it easier to get out.
- Oooo! A hypnotic bright light ~ 1km down the road slowly coming towards me. I feel like Marlon from Finding Nemo (except without Dory). It’s another rider, “Hi!”. They don’t answer back. I’m 3km from home, in the countryside where other riders always wave or say Hi back. Must be from Harlow…