I really could not be bothered when I woke on Thursday morning. I had a busy day ahead starting with pooch patrol at dawn. But the night before, as I was watching the first session of NZ v England, I realised that I would probably be less motivated to ride the day after a busy work day and staying up for watch the start of the 2nd day. So I hauled myself out, took the dog out for a session of stick chasing, deer hunting and mud sliding.

After dropping the boys at school, I drove to the cricket club and rode the remaining 8km to work. Not a long one but at least the round trip would get me over another 100km for the week. Taking the 29er, I was able to ride along the river for the first time in a while. The wind and a recent council led shrub trim scattered leaves into one of the locks giving the appearance of a leafy carpet on the water. I was so tired, I nearly followed the path and ploughed into the water.

It wasn’t a late finish but the usual mitigation of chaos filled the day and I was knackered. However the short ride back along the dark river path busted the stress. I had enough time to drive home, have a shower and watch England gift 4 wickets to NZ during a timely first session.

On Friday morning, I knew that I had made the correct-est decision eva! Sleep deprived and feeling dirty about driving, another cold ride with tired legs was not an option.

About biking2work

Sometimes bad tempered Dad to 2 sons who break things. Use the 2 wheels to get from A to B when I can
This entry was posted in cycling and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s